A foot of snow last Thursday meant public schools were closed, so after awhile we ventured up to Tompkins Square Park. What I like about snow days, at least in my neighborhood, is that not only are children out participating in classic snow day activities (like sliding down the barely there 25 foot slope in the park's center), but childless adults are out building their own snow creatures and even engaging in spirited snow ball fights. One of these thirty-something couples built the snow people that these fashionable humans arranged themselves around.
A's ex-stepmother gave him the new Keith autobiography for Xmas, but I'm the one who's reading it. (Who knew they all hated Brian Jones!?) I'm also still reading Pynchon's Inherent Vice and discovered this Inherent Vice wiki with song lists and a downloadable first chapter!
Snow... pretty at Christmas time, and after, useless.
ReplyDeletehow funny that you posted that keith picture - i have the same one taped up on my 'fox wall' at home -i just think he looks so delicious in that photo, don't you think ??
good enough to eat.
Hi Julie,
ReplyDeleteYou New Yorkers have all the fun!
Kelly
Second Hand Chicks